…for the most part, at least.
This semester went by far too quickly, with little time to spare. I worked as hard as I possibly could on this project, because I wanted it to be the best it could be. Some things worked out in my favor, some did not. If anything, this lengthly lesson of trial and error taught me everything NOT to do when making something like this.
I had a lot of help from many kind, experienced, and (thankfully) patient people, and although my final product didn’t turn out exactly as I had planned it, I am still pleased with it, because I know how hard I worked on it (and I didn’t even procrastinate, believe it or not).
I learned a lot of useful skills this past semester that I may not have had the opportunity to learn otherwise, like programming an Arduino with my computer, making things light up on command, creating complex patterns with only words and numbers on a piece of hardware no bigger than a deck of cards and knowing that I had done it myself (with a lot of help, of course).
Seeing my final project (whether or not it was finished or turner out how I wanted it to) gave me a sense of accomplishment that I would not likely have had otherwise. I know that there will always be others in this field with more experience than me, but from now on I will take it upon myself to learn from them, and from my own experiences, and perhaps one day I’ll be able to replicate a prop of some sort from one of my favorite movies, or bring something to life off the pages of a comic book.
Until next time,